PoMoArts is seeking a creative, detail-oriented, and enthusiastic individual with knowledge of social media best practices. Shadowing the Marketing Manager, this role will support the development, implementation and evaluation of communications, marketing and digital engagement strategies for our exhibition and arts education programs and initiatives. The Marketing Assistant will play an integral role in the development and production of all visual, written and digital communications materials to ensure that PoMoArts key messages and public facing image are consistently integrated across multiple channels of communication. They will also work on several project-based assignments creating original digital and video content to promote specific programs, engage audiences and extend our social media reach, particularly with diverse communities in the city.
About the PoMoArts
Housed in the historic Old City Hall and Appleyard House buildings in the heart of Port Moody, PoMoArts is a cultural hub for arts and education. With a mission to promote participation in the arts, we offer a full range of visual, ceramic, theatre, music, and media arts programming for people of all ages and experience levels to explore their creativity and develop artistic skills. We are also home to a public art gallery, showcasing the work of emerging and established artists in a variety of mediums through a professionally curated exhibition program.
Working closely and collaboratively with the Marketing Coordinator, the Marketing Assistant will:
• Assist in developing and implementing digital strategies for promoting PoMoArts as a public
facility and cultural attraction, including communications, marketing, and social media
campaigns for art exhibitions, art classes, arts education, summer camps and related events
scheduled for the summer
• Promote exhibitions and programs via PoMoArts website, virtual events, and online listings
• Act as a PoMoArts advocate and champion for the arts and artists in our community
• Create content, generate ideas, and support campaigns for e-newsletters and social media
channels to connect with audiences, raise awareness around the arts in the community, and
promote PoMoArts programs
• Create and produce videos for the PoMoArts YouTube channel and other social media
platforms, including Instagram and Facebook Stories and Reels
• Assist in maintaining the PoMoArts current website and our Google Business profile
• Gather, date, and produce digital metrics reports from our social media channels
• Ensure best practices and brand identity standards are followed
• Aid in physically moving, installing, removing, and maintaining all PoMoArts signage inside and
outside the building
• Aid in the use of Konica printer to print all relevant print materials
• Post-secondary education or demonstrated experience in digital media, marketing, event
marketing, communications, graphic design, or a related field
• Have a strong interest in arts, culture, and public engagement and/or digital and social media
• Strong knowledge of digital marketing and social media platforms, tools, and analytics
• Highly effective communication skills, spoken and written, with the ability to create fun,
engaging, and impactful social copy
• Creative thinker with an aptitude for creating content, developing strategies, and generating
new ways to engage online audiences
• Critical eye and strong attention to detail, with an eye for consistency across multiple projects
• Excellent editing and proofreading skills
• Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team
• Strong organization and time management skills with the proven ability to manage priorities
and meet deadlines
• The ability to take photos and video of the visiting public, students, and instructors by using an
engaging and courteous approach
• Proficiency with multiple social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and standard desktop applications;
experience using Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Illustrator, Photoshop, Rush, Premier Pro)
and online platforms and tools such as Mailchimp, Canva, Google Analytics, and Content
Management Systems strongly considered an asset
• Familiarity with the Adobe Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) an asset
• Ability to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends as required for
virtual gallery openings
• Second language skills are considered an asset
• This position requires the completion of a successful criminal background check prior to
Other Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, for the duration of the employment
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
$16 / hour
This a full-time (35 hours/week) 16-week youth employment opportunity scheduled to take place from May 1st – Aug. 18th, 2023.
How to Apply
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, April 7th at midnight, according to the following guidelines:
• PDF format only with your COVER LETTER and RESUME in the same document
-If you have a website or an external DropBox/Google Drive with digital samples of your work
please include this.
• Your cover letter should clearly indicate why you are interested in this position, what you hope
to learn, and what impact it will have on your professional development
• Must use “Marketing Assistant Application” as the subject of your email
Please Note: Interviews will be held April 17-18, 2023.
PoMoArts is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from diverse backgrounds, and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, gender identity, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, or (dis)ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Visit pomoarts.ca for more details.