Established in 1998, PoMoArts (formerly known as the Port Moody Arts Centre) is a not-for-profit organization housed in a beautiful heritage facility. A vital hub of creative activity in the City of Port Moody, we offer up to 350 quality arts education classes in ceramics, visual arts and music each year for students of all ages. We are also home to the city’s only public gallery featuring a rotating exhibit of local artists.
Candidate Profile & Schedule of Work:
You will be scheduled to work one evening shift/week on a regular basis, and then provide auxiliary support as needed to fill shifts vacated due to time-off/vacation requests, illness and in support of our COVID 19 safety plan which requires scheduled staff to stay at home if they are experiencing any flu like symptoms.
This role is ideal for someone with a flexible schedule who is looking for a part-time, occasional work opportunity in service of their community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional customer service in person, on the phone and by email, providing information about our programs and activities, responding to general inquiries and communicating program information and organizational policy to patrons.
- Understand the ASAP registration software and perform all tasks associated with it, including registering customers, transferring waitlist patrons to open classes, handling cancellations, refunds, etc.
- Process sales transactions (for class registrations, gallery items, event tickets, etc..) via point of sale devices or cash transactions.
- Perform basic daily cash balance and reconciliations and manage floats.
- Open and/or close our facilities according to procedure.
- Assist instructors with timesheets, access to keys, relaying messages, etc.
- Maintain and update room booking schedules and assist with photocopying.
- Keep the reception area and front entrance area neat and orderly.
- Other tasks that may be assigned from time to time.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Strong previous experience in customer service.
- Strong team player, with an excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Able to work effectively in an open reception area.
- Strong people skills, positive, friendly and genuinely helpful attitude.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, with excellent time management and task prioritization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to comfortably learn new technologies.
- Strong knowledge of Office 365 Suite including Excel
- Previous experience using merchant POS machines and Square
- Ability to successfully pass a criminal record and vulnerable sector check
- Flexible schedule
Assets (please indicate your fit for these in your cover letter):
- Working knowledge of a second language
- Familiarity with online registration systems, especially ASAP
- Basic familiarity with QuickBooks
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
Application Deadline: Until Filled
How to Apply: Send application to: email@example.com
- Send your application in a SINGLE PDF DOCUMENT containing a Cover Letter & Resume (Note, applications without a cover letter will NOT be reviewed).
- Subject of email: Application –Customer Service Representative – “Your Name”
PoMoArts is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from diverse backgrounds, and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, gender identity, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or (dis)ability. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.