The Port Moody Arts Centre Society operates a not-for-profit Arts Centre in the historic Old City Hall and Appleyard House, in the heart of Port Moody. We are committed to bringing positive arts experiences to the community through the classes we offer, the art exhibitions we host, and events that we deliver.
The Port Moody Arts Centre is currently seeking a qualified clay instructor to facilitate clay activities for birthday party bookings on Saturday and Sundays.
Clay Birthday Party Instructor Job Description:
The Clay Birthday Instructor will be responsible for the preparation, delivery and clean-up of a one-hour clay birthday party with a group of up to 12 children between the ages of 5 – 13 years of age.
The duties of the instructor are to include:
- The selection of a clay project based on a theme chosen by the parent of the child.
- The preparation of the clay studio prior to the party.
- To provide supervision and instruction to the group of children and to provide adequate safety
- instruction of all equipment.
- To provide adequate assistance to all participants so they can complete the project, including
- under glazing, within the time frame.
- To clean clay studio space after party completed.
- To Green Glaze projects with clear glaze and place on shelves of kiln room to be fired. The tray should be clearly marked with the date and name of birthday party.
- A positive attitude and highly enthusiastic to interact with children
- Comprehensive ceramics experience with a teaching background (preferably children in the stated age range)
- Available on Saturday and Sunday (expected hours: 11:00AM to 1:00PM or 1:00PM to 3:00PM)
- Pay - $70.00 per birthday party booking (reimbursed for 2 hours at $35.00 per hour for a total of $70.00)
Employment offers are conditional upon receipt of a Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Check that is acceptable to the Port Moody Arts Centre.
How to apply:
Applications will be considered on an ongoing basis. For more information, please directly contact or submit your resume via e-mail to Laura Carey or use the form below.